GEM provides an unparalleled patient-centered experience with web-based access to unbiased educational materials and interactive patient decision tools. Information is available on screening and diagnostic testing for common chromosomal conditions as well as carrier screening. These resources were created by prenatal genetics'
thought leaders to empower each individual to make informed, educated, and value-based choices regarding the genetic testing strategy that is most consistent with their own preferences. Practices can demonstrate recommended care by providing unbiased and expert guidance. Patients can explore GEM outside of an office visit, leading to enhanced understanding, more nuanced discussions, and higher patient satisfaction.
- Reduces clinic time required for pre-test education
- Provides documentation of patient pre-test education
- Educates office staff to answer basic questions
- Provides unbiased and expert patient education about prenatal test options
- Provides layered content for all levels of health literacy
- Contains Interactive tools to compare and contrast testing options
- Providers can earn CME, and Category 4 ABOG MOC credit
- Best for Providers with a subscription practice code
- Best for Providers, Faculty & Practice Administrators to initiate a subscription
- Designed for Fellowships, Residency Training & Genetic Counseling Programs
- Best for Faculty Directors
- Cost: Free for up to 25 trainees per year
- Access to each trainee's status
- No access for patients